A former Professor at Notre Dame with a joint Ph.D. in Philosophy and Religious Studies from Yale, Tom’s one of my favorite writers and teachers.
One of the reasons I enjoy his work so much is that he’s able to blend a super enthusiastic, fun, even audacious approach to life with a perspective grounded in the practical wisdom of the ages. Makes for a magical blend. :)
In this great book, Morris outlines the seven conditions of True Success:
- We need a clear conception of what we want, a vivid vision, a goal or set of goals powerfully imagined.
- We need a strong confidence that we can attain our goals.
- We need a focused concentration on what it takes to reach our goal.
- We need a stubborn consistency in pursuing our vision, a determined persistence in thought and action.
- We need an emotional commitment to the importance of what we’re doing, and to the people with whom we’re doing it.
- We need a good character to guide us and keep us on a proper course.
- We need a capacity to enjoy the process along the way.
A chapter is dedicated to each of those conditions and the book is packed with Big Ideas, so let’s jump in! :)